More than 50% of drivers in Florida do not have insurance. Hence, if you or someone you love is involved in a car accident in Florida, knowing what steps to take and how to contact proper medical professionals is essential. Here are some of the most important things that should be done after an automobile accident in Florida.
What to Do In Case of Auto Accidents in Florida?
- Dial 911 immediately and get medical attention as soon as possible. If you were injured in an accident, it’s better to get treatment immediately rather than wait until later. If your injuries are severe or permanent, you may need surgery or other procedures. The sooner you get treatment, the better off you will be.
- If you are injured in an auto accident, the next thing you should do is call your insurance company. You may have to file a claim with your insurance company and then file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company.
- For your health insurance benefits to kick in, you must report the accident to your health insurance company immediately after it happens. Your health insurance company will be able to determine if they are able to cover any medical expenses associated with your injuries or not.
- If you want to pursue a compensation claim, you must understand how your case will be handled. The first step to obtaining compensation is filing a claim with the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP). The FHP will investigate your accident and determine if there was any wrongdoing on the part of the other driver or party at fault for your accident.
Healthcare Procedure After Auto Accidents
After an auto accident, you may be at the center of a legal dispute with the other party. You may also need medical attention. A person involved in an accident can suffer from injuries that may require medical attention and treatment. A person who has suffered a severe injury may need to be taken to the hospital for treatment.
The hospital will then perform X-rays and other tests, such as blood tests and MRI scans, to determine if there is any internal bleeding or nerve damage. Some procedures may be needed after an accident, such as:
- Possible fractures
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue damage (e.g., bruises and abrasions)
Florida is one of the states with the highest incidence of car accidents. Following the accident, visiting a doctor becomes mandatory, sometimes. Some people need to go in for follow-up treatment, while others may have serious injuries that may require immediate care.
If you are someone who has been in an auto accident in Florida, then chiropractic care might help you immensely. After the accident, you might experience severe trauma resulting in neck pains, shoulder pains, and other discomforts. If not treated, these can significantly hinder your health. Hands-On Healthcare and Chiropractic can help restore your health and quality of life with post-accident rehabilitation care. Contact us to know more.